WOW!

I am in awe of the kindness of people in my life, which I am discovering in a new way, now that I don't have a car. THANK YOU!!!

This pic is of Coco, during our weekend excursion (back when we had a car!) to REI to buy warm socks.

I am so chuffed, Round Table Women, that you enjoyed the pavlova so very much!! In my family growing up, pavlova was a regular treat. My Mum gave me the recipe when Bens and I got married!

Here 'tis!!

PAVLOVA

Ingredients:
3 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (I use kahlua in its stead when I'm out of vanilla)
1 teaspoon vinegar

Methodology:
Beat 3 egg whites until stiff. Add sugar, beat for 3 minutes. Add vanilla and vinegar. Beat to mix in. Shape into a mound onto silver foil paper, and bake in a very slow oven (250*F) for one hour.

When its cool, pour on lashings of whipped cream, or lemon cream (recipe below!) garnish that with sliced fruit (kiwi fruit and passion fruit both work really nicely!) or (as I did today!) grated dark chocolate (OH YUM!)

LEMON CREAM
3 heaped tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup water
juice of a large lemon
half the rind, grated
2 eggs, separated
1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
300 mls cream

Whisk egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Sprinkle gelatine over water and dissolve by heating for 30 seconds in the microwave and stirring well. Add lemon juice, rind, gelatine and water to egg mixture. Whip egg whites and add. Whip cream and fold into the mixture.

Pavlova is unique to Australia, so by eating it, you are celebrating the diversity and unity of the world!!!!!! Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop

Lymphoma, Stage Four