SACRED SEQUOIA



Awed by the sacred presence of enormous Sequoias, each bearing the wisdom of two thousand years, I tiptoed through the forest. A loud crash alarmed me, followed by another. A wizard in the bushes? The leaves parted and a long, white nose peeped out, followed by a black, furry body. IT'S A BEAR!! Stretched out, eagerly fossicking in the undergrowth for hunny, the bear moved passed me. I froze. The bear looked at me. Our eyes engaged. Love, fear, horror, hate, delight, connection. Big black eyes, looking at me. The bear sniffed the air, paused a moment registering my unique, invisible scent, and resumed snuffling along looking for hunny!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
baker st jones said…
I always feel slightly guilty when I see those big californian trees because when we drove up the west coast last year, we stayed in san fransisco, and even drove out past berkeley but couldn't quite be bothered finding the big trees.

If your car survives, we stayed the night up in mount shasta, which is nice and cool because higher up.
I knew you'd have bear trouble - just as well I was praying for you.
I have just looked through all your blog. Wonderful - thanks for sharing your trip with us.Love.
I hope you guys are doing OK - how is the car? I'm with Mum, its felt like we've been with you on the trip with your wondeful photos and stories. Maybe print it out so you have a copy with you, for your scrapbook!
Justin said…
Keen to hear news...
Now why was that comment deleted?? And who's the blog administrator?
Megs said…
me. i didn't mean to!

Popular posts from this blog

Lymphoma, Stage Four

I AM A US CITIZEN!

Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop