The Mississippi Delta is where the Blues were created!






Oh dear... The pictures never seem to order themselves in the manner intended by me. Though I may be their author, there is a certain random chaos to the way they arrive on paper...or on blog! The Mississippi River had a strength and magic which was almost tangible. We were about to dive in for a refreshing dip when a jovial voice behind us said: "You're not from around here, are you?" (I love Southern accents! I actually found myself speaking with one whenever I engaged in conversation with a Southerner!!) "Naaaaw," I drawled in response. "The undertows are so strong that your children would be dragged miles downriver and fished up covered with mud, brown, even with their life-jackets on..."

We didn't swim in the Mississippi!!!!

Comments

Just as well they told you, but perhaps they underestimated the strength of the Aussie crawl??

Popular posts from this blog

Lymphoma, Stage Four

I AM A US CITIZEN!

Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop