Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop
Wonderful blogging community, I'm posting this statement with two purposes. 1. It kind of summarises where I want to be going, which I want to share with you 2. I'd love feedback! They've asked me to: "Include your purpose in pursuing graduate study, any research you wish to pursue, and your future vocational goals." Thanks for reading this - I feel honoured by your interest in my life!! I want to write a novel, with beautiful sentences and adroitly crafted chapters. Since preschool I have read voraciously, and appreciate exquisite writing in multifarious forms. I have natural writing talent, and derive deep satisfaction from creating prose, yet I have spent my life longing to write novels and not doing so. The work I am submitting came into existence because I was applying to attend the Iowa Writers’ Workshop. Belonging to this writing community would enable me to be disciplined in producing literature. The tutelage and mentoring I would receive is something I y...



Comments
You are in the US! So are we.
And we have some cherry blossoms up on out blog too.
I've never been as happy to arrive at Spring as I am now.
Love, Justin.
Thanks for leaving us a message. I have just been looking at your girls. C is just like Benjamin and E is definitely a Jones.
This is a much easier way of catching up. Having three children and working means I don't really feel like writing letters any more.
Love Jenny xxx