Coco's coach and team, just before their first ever game! (She is #7!) They were adorable! Really sweet. Coco, and Eowyn in her game, were very determined. I am proud of them! I think it is going to be good for them to be playing basketball, and their wonderful Daddy is a great basketball player. I love the scene in 'Father of the Bride' where Daddy and daughter play basketball together, the night before her wedding. Bens has been playing basketball with Eowyn and Coco, (and Gump!) and it is lovely to watch and cherish these very precious relationships. Mum, Dad, Rachel and David are coming to lunch tomorrow, and Seren on Monday for dinner - it is brilliant being close to some of the family - and we miss the family and close friends who are oceans away. Oh, to have you all in a teensy weensy provincial insular village!!!!!!!
Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop
Wonderful blogging community, I'm posting this statement with two purposes. 1. It kind of summarises where I want to be going, which I want to share with you 2. I'd love feedback! They've asked me to: "Include your purpose in pursuing graduate study, any research you wish to pursue, and your future vocational goals." Thanks for reading this - I feel honoured by your interest in my life!! I want to write a novel, with beautiful sentences and adroitly crafted chapters. Since preschool I have read voraciously, and appreciate exquisite writing in multifarious forms. I have natural writing talent, and derive deep satisfaction from creating prose, yet I have spent my life longing to write novels and not doing so. The work I am submitting came into existence because I was applying to attend the Iowa Writers’ Workshop. Belonging to this writing community would enable me to be disciplined in producing literature. The tutelage and mentoring I would receive is something I y...
Comments