Hello!!





The farm was beautiful, and filled with childhood memories. For me, it was moving to be in a place which I've known all my life. This richness and depth of topography is unusual for me, living as I do in a faraway land!

The last picture is a cousins' photo (minus Ben Mc) - I am very thankful for my marvellous cousins and siblings, and for this time with them! And with my parents, and friends.

Becca and I just went for a delightful, refreshing swim in the cool ocean. We both caught lots of waves!! I wish my dear Bens were here. It's hard for the girls being far from him, and for me, and for him. Yet I'm thankful to be here for this chapter in our lives!

And who knows what land our feet will next wend their way to - but with Bens' feet intermingled.

I've just read Elie Wiesel's speech to Clinton & co. on April 12 1999 - he said: "Of course, indifference can be tempting - more than that, seductive. It is so much easier to look away from victims. It is so much easier to avoid such rude interruptions to our work, our dreams, our hopes. It is, after all, awkward, troublesome, to be involved in another person's pain and despair. Yet, for the person who is indifferent, his or her neighbours are of no consequence. And therefore, their lives are meaningless. Their hidden or even visible anguish is of no interest. Indifference reduces the other to abstraction."

May we ne'er be seduced by indifference...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop

Lymphoma, Stage Four