Blanca Lake






Today each Ady did something wonderful, in their own eyes. Eowyn and Cosette went to the fair with Nana and Bucca. On our way, we read about Angelina Ballerina, who dreamed ALL winter about going to the fair. And at last...


Bens spent his today at home, cosily reading and writing and thinking and philosophising, which he rather enjoys!


And I hiked high into the Cascade mountains, discovering the amazing Blanca Lake. The trees were enormous. At 5000 feet, alpine meadows, fresh air, birdsong, wildflowers and blueberries sated my senses.


I was thinking about love, and desiring to love with more concern for those I am loving and less concern and fear about myself. At the very moment this thought materialised in my mind, Blanca Lake appeared around a bend in the path. Its blue-green is irridescent from glacial till trickling down from the Columbia Glacier.


The worn, rocky mountain peaks were so ancient and connected to the earth's core. They inspired me to sing an old hymn at the top of my voice, with a favourite line "Creator of the rolling spheres, ineffably sublime. Awake my soul and sing!!"

Comments

Gimena said…
your words are full of beauty...
be strong my sister...my Meg...
I love you and think a lot of you.
Gimena.

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop