Hello! I guesss I've not been blogging so much of late. I have been reading even more avidly than usual, and work has been intense (I think that is the nature of work with homeless youth), and I have been putting the energy left over into time with Bens, Eowyn and Coco. Bens and I went on a date last week, and firstly went to a bookstore on Lygon St and purchased a book for each of the four of us. I have just finished reading Coco's to the girls, and it was beautiful. Mine is by a favourite author, Siri Hustvedt, and I'm enjoying it very much. When I've finished, I shall give it to Mum for 'plane reading on the way to England, and after that, any of you in England who'd like to read it may. It is nice to be able to share books across the oceans. I feel very connected to you, lovely blog community, having recently stayed with all my Jones of England, and seen Caro, and spent time with Mum and Dad and Rachel and David and Seren and Jonathan here in Melbs, and had intense conversations with Karen. Gimena and Jonathan and Monica, does this mean a visit to Argentina and the USA ought be in store, so I can see you all too? And is there anybody else who reads my blog?
Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop
Wonderful blogging community, I'm posting this statement with two purposes. 1. It kind of summarises where I want to be going, which I want to share with you 2. I'd love feedback! They've asked me to: "Include your purpose in pursuing graduate study, any research you wish to pursue, and your future vocational goals." Thanks for reading this - I feel honoured by your interest in my life!! I want to write a novel, with beautiful sentences and adroitly crafted chapters. Since preschool I have read voraciously, and appreciate exquisite writing in multifarious forms. I have natural writing talent, and derive deep satisfaction from creating prose, yet I have spent my life longing to write novels and not doing so. The work I am submitting came into existence because I was applying to attend the Iowa Writers’ Workshop. Belonging to this writing community would enable me to be disciplined in producing literature. The tutelage and mentoring I would receive is something I y...
Comments
a
xxxx