This is my lovely friend Nathalie and me celebrating Yoon's birthday!

I've just been at a fairly sombre World Vision Conference, and am caught in that good but hard place of knowing the terrible poverty, hunger, and helplessness people experience, yet feeling helpless myself to change things. Atul Tandon from World Vision USA gave an amazing talk. He grew up in poverty in India, and has insight and wisdom regarding these issues. He suggested praying when I'm caught in that helpless place, wanting to indulge in Western wealth, yet not wanting to do so if somehow there's a different way which would mean everybody had enough.

Eowyn just came in and hugged me and sat on my knee. She is eating a vegemite sandwich. (The spell-check doesn't recognise vegemite...)

Love,
Megs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop

Lymphoma, Stage Four