Coco is delightfully eager in her basketball playing! Dear Eowyn is poorly today, with the nasty cold I had - what a gift to give my daughter! Bens, Naomi and I are getting ready to attend Avak's party - I am excited, though at this very moment, feel most like popping in to my pink flannellette jammies and reading my book (Tom Wolfe's 'I am Charlotte Simmons')! James Taylor's 'Up on a Roof' is playing, which is lovely, although it makes me feel homesick for Bag End, where I'd climb on the roof, with Mon Petit Chou (our cat), and sing it to myself, taking in the splendid view of the Cascade Mountains and the Floating Meadow and our line of birch trees and the grove of cedars in our back garden, and plum trees and mountain ash and chestnut, and the row of maples at the foot of the hill, ahhhh, so splendid in the fall...
Personal Statement – Iowa Writers’ Workshop
Wonderful blogging community, I'm posting this statement with two purposes. 1. It kind of summarises where I want to be going, which I want to share with you 2. I'd love feedback! They've asked me to: "Include your purpose in pursuing graduate study, any research you wish to pursue, and your future vocational goals." Thanks for reading this - I feel honoured by your interest in my life!! I want to write a novel, with beautiful sentences and adroitly crafted chapters. Since preschool I have read voraciously, and appreciate exquisite writing in multifarious forms. I have natural writing talent, and derive deep satisfaction from creating prose, yet I have spent my life longing to write novels and not doing so. The work I am submitting came into existence because I was applying to attend the Iowa Writers’ Workshop. Belonging to this writing community would enable me to be disciplined in producing literature. The tutelage and mentoring I would receive is something I y...

Comments